MedData Group, an innovative leader in interactive healthcare data and demand generation solutions, has an immediate opening for a for a high-performing Director of Sales Development to help us meet our new customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by keeping our sales force focused, competitive and innovative. In this role you will report to the SVP/Sales and will be responsible for maximizing our sales team’s potential, day to day management, account segmentation and targeting, training, recruitment and ensuring that the team meets expected metrics and objectives. You should be an experienced sales manager with well-developed sales and management expertise who can help us continue our rapid growth.
The successful candidate will be responsible for;
- Achieving growth and hitting overall sales targets by successfully managing the sales team
- Designing and implementing a strategic sales activity plan that expands the company’s customer base and ensures strong ongoing relationships
- Managing ongoing sales and account management recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the sales team and manage accordingly
- Provide any necessary support for sales team members as they prospect, engage and close opportunities
- Join sales team members in meetings with customers to understand their evolving needs and to assess the quality of our relationship with them
- Present sales, revenue and expense reporting and accurate forecasts to the senior management team
- Identify emerging market opportunities and shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition
Qualifications & Key Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, marketing, communications or related field
- 7+ years of progressive B2B sales and sales management experience
- Experience in healthcare, data, marketing or professional services segments desired
- Track record of superior performance metrics
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong decision-making abilities
- Proven ability to energize teams and to drive the sales process from plan to goal
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Flexible personality – able to adapt to changing priorities in an entrepreneurial team environment
- Significant Salesforce.com experience including reporting, dashboarding, etc. preferably at an Admin level
- Successful previous experience as a sales professional, consistently meeting or exceeding target revenues
- Able to travel as needed
MedData Group provides innovative data, analytics and demand generation solutions that support and fuel a wide range of healthcare professional (HCP) marketing activities and programs. Partnering with pharmaceutical companies, advertising agencies, publishers, medical education companies, recruiters and providers of healthcare technology and medical devices, our suite of solutions helps customers reach and engage the right HCP audiences through the right channels.
At our offices in Topsfield, MA, you’ll find a fast-paced, collaborative and fun work environment where smart people apply their talents to innovate products and services with the objective of ensuring customer satisfaction and success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits. Successful candidate need not be in the Massachusetts area.
If you are a fit for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected].