MedData Group provides the highest quality healthcare professional (HCP) data to support and fuel HCP audience identification, segmentation, digital targeting and measurement. Our data is used by a broad range of customers needing to engage and activate HCPs through NPI-targeted programmatic advertising, social, email and Advanced TV. Ad agencies, pharmaceutical manufacturers, medical device and many other life sciences customers rely on our data solutions to activate innovative digital marketing campaigns to achieve their promotional goals.
MedData Group is a rapidly expanding company with over 100% annual multi-year growth. We are seeking a VP of Technology to shape and implement our data and technology roadmap for the next phase of our growth. This position reports to the CEO and will be a member of the senior leadership team. Based in either our Boston or New York office, the successful candidate will leverage their data solutions and ad tech industry experience to ensure our continued innovation in our technology, platform development and data management.
- Architect and manage the development and ongoing operations of all databases, data management platforms and web applications.
- Lead local and offshore development teams through all areas of the software engineering development lifecycle, from ideation to post-release iteration
- Work with all internal product and other stakeholders to define customer-facing platform development specifications and incorporate into master development roadmap
- Work with channel partners in the data and ad tech ecosystem to integrate data, technologies, data processes and other solutions.
- Manage and ensure systems and data compliance with all data security and digital privacy regulation
- Be constantly self-educating on developments in data management and digital advertising to guide future product development
- A Bachelor’s degree in science/technology/engineering or business
- A minimum of 8+ years of hands-on experience in technical management and development in a data solutions, ad-tech or mar-tech company
- Meaningful experience working with digital data solutions and advertising technology
- Deep understanding of the ad tech landscape and role of data solutions in digital ad targeting for programmatic display, native, social, video and advanced TV platforms.
- Experience with LiveRamp and other identity resolution, data onboarding, DSP and data activation platforms
- Experienced in scalable database design working with a variety of relational databases such as SQL Server, MySQL and Postgres. Data Warehouse experience is a plus. Strong SQL skills.
- Web Application development experience with either Asp.Net/C#/Sql Server or Php/MySQL.
- Application infrastructure experience with both dedicated and virtual server hosting environments such as Rackspace or AWS.
- Knowledge of PowerBI and other data visualization platforms a plus.
- Healthcare or Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Big picture thinking while delivering iterative, impactful improvements in a fast paced, continuous release Agile environment
- Organized with a rigorous attention to detail, drive for excellence, and a positive “can-do” approach
- Track record of complex and creative problem-solving, and the desire to create and build new technologies to support multi-faceted data solutions products
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary
- Ability to work well with a variety of people ranging in various technical levels
- Strong leadership skills with internal teams and external resources
At MedData Group, you’ll find a fast-paced, collaborative and fun work environment where smart people apply their talents to innovate digital data products and services with the objective of ensuring customer satisfaction. We offer competitive compensation and benefits. If you are a fit for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected].